1. Royal Insurance Corporation of Bhutan Limited (RICBL) invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for providing the security services to the RICBL, Head Office, Thimphu and the Regional Office, Phuentsholing as per the scope of the work mentioned hereinafter.
2. Scope of work
Provide security arrangements for RICBL premises, at Head Office, Norzin Lam, Thimphu and Regional Office, Phuentsholing as per Terms of Reference of the Contract.
3. Detailed specifications, scope of work and terms and conditions are given in the Bidding documents which are available at the address given below as per the following schedule:
Name of the package
Provision of security arrangement services
Bid receipt date and time
Up to 27th February 2018 by 3:30 PM
Bid opening date and time
27th February 2018 at 4:00 PM in the Chamber of Head, GAD, RICBL, Head Office, Norzin Lam, Thimphu.
. Interested bidders can download the bidding documents from the RICBL website www.ricb.com.btfor free.
5. The bidder may submit the quotation either by hand delivery or by registered post in two sealed envelopes.
6. A bid shall be contained in an inner envelope sealed with adhesive or other sealant, which will prevent re-opening. The inner envelope shall be signed across the seal. The name of the bidder shall be written clearly on the inner envelope.
7. The inner envelope shall be placed inside outer envelope. The outer envelope should be sealed and clearly marked each as CONFIDENTIAL and addressed to:
The Head, GAD/HRD
RICB, Head Office
Norzin Lam, Thimphu
8. The quotation submitted by the supplier shall comprise the following:
(i). A duly completed and signed priced quotation as per the Schedule of Items and the Priced Quotation;
(ii). A copy of the valid Trade License;
(iii). A copy of the valid Tax Clearance Certificate;
(iv). The required bid security
(v). Technical Specification as required;
(vi). Any other requirements specified in this document
(The bidders are recommended to contact the above mentioned person regarding any clarification on the terms and conditions)
10. The amount and currency of the Bid security is [Nu. 50,000/- the bid security shall be validated up to one year] Bid security of the successful bidder will be retained with the RICBL as performance security deposit and will be refunded at the end of the contract period.
11. Submission of bid by fax or by electronic means (are not) acceptable.
12. Opening of the Bid
The Bid will be opened in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend at the specified venue and time. The employer is not bound to accept the lowest bid and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the bids without assigning any reason whatsoever.
13. Evaluation of Bid
Bids will be evaluated based on both financial and technical score and the contract will be awarded to the highest score.
The bid should be submitted as per the following instructions and in accordance with the attached Contract. The attached Terms and Conditions of Services shall form an integral part of the Contract.
a. All prices shall be quoted in Ngultrum.
b. Offers determined to be substantially responsive to the technical specifications will be evaluated by comparison of their quoted prices. In evaluating the bids, the purchaser will determine for each bid the evaluated price by adjusting the bid by making any correction for any arithmetical errors as follows;(1)Where there is a discrepancy between amounts in figures and in words, the amount in words will govern;
(i). Where there is discrepancy between the unit rate and the line item total resulting from multiplying the unit rate by the quantity, the unit rate as quoted shall govern unless in the opinion of the purchaser there is an obviously gross misplacement of the decimal point in the unit rate, in which case the line particular total as quoted shall govern, and the unit rate shall be corrected.
(ii). If the service provider refuses to accept the correction, this bid will be rejected and the bid security shall be forfeited.
(iii). The Evaluation committee shall assess competency of the bidders based on the document to be furnished as provided under clause 8 above. Bidders scoring less than 50% on technical specification shall be disqualified.
14. Award of contract:
a. Award Criteria
RICBL shall award the contract to the successful bidder whose bid has been determined to be substantially responsive and to be highest score evaluated bid, further provided that the bidder is determined to be eligible and qualified and has the capacity and capability to fulfill the contract.
b. Letter of Acceptance
(i). Prior to the expiry of the period of bid validity, RICBL shall notify, the successful bidder, through a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) that its bid has been accepted indicating the award price.
(ii). Until a formal contract is prepared and executed, the LoA shall constitute a binding contract between the successful bidder and the RICBL.
(iii). Upon the furnishing of performance security by the successful bidder, RICBL shall promptly notify each unsuccessful bidder and return their bid security.
c. Signing of Contract Agreement
(i) While notifying the successful Bidder in writing through the LoA that it’s Bid has been accepted, RICBL shall invite the successful Bidder for signing of Contract Agreement.
(ii)The contract agreement shall be signed within ten working days of the issuance of the LoA.
d. Performance Security
(i) The amount and currency of the Bid security shall be Nu. 50,000 (Ngultrum fifty thousand only) in the form of Demand Draft/Cash Warrant/Bank Guarantee, which shall be validated up to one year. Bid security of the successful bidder will be retained with the RICBL as performance security deposit and will be refunded at the end of the contract period.
(ii) Failure of the successful bidder to submit the above-mentioned performance security or sign the Contract shall constitute sufficient grounds for the annulment of the award and forfeiture of the bid security. In that event, RICBL may award the Contract to the 2nd highest score evaluated Bidder whose offer is substantially responsive and is determined by RICBL to be qualified to perform the Contract satisfactorily or call for fresh bids.